14 January 2011

It was the best of times

...and it was the best of times. No seriously, last year when I randomly invited a soon-to-be college grad I knew from the office to come live in the new house I was going to buy, I didn't know how hilarious life would be. 

There were lots of things that were unknown but the hubs and I tried to be as open as possible from the beginning, it didn't eliminate the anxiety of returning to the world of housemates but I like to think it set us up for success. Even Sam thought so when she wrote about it here.


It was such a good experience that 6 months later, when Sam is now moving out, I feel so excited for her I could dance and but sad for the changes ahead in our relationship. And as for dancing, I actually did do a little jig today in her new apartment. She went to sign the lease, I tagged along for the momentous occasion and took pictures, like the first day of school, but different.

Sam in her new apartment!

She thought I was taking her picture here but I really wanted to get the thermostat in the photo. The awesome part of Sam moving is that she's moving into the same complex we left before becoming home owners except she got lots of things we didn't like new carpet, new tile-ish vinyl in the kitchen and bath and a thermostat that was not circa 1920.


Another reason I'm excited, is that her new place is a lot closer than Portland, a mere 15 mins away from my place. The hilarity and good times will continue and there will be fewer miles to cross. And hopefully Sam will feed me when the hubs is out of town.


3 comments:

  1. once a Timbaz member, always a Timbaz member. Good luck, Sam, sorry I didn't get the table finished...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh DVD. The table is glorious and way more than I ever expected. Thank you.

    Niki, your blogging is contagious and I have caught your blogging bug. Unfortunately, since I do not have interwebs, my blog has only just been published.

    ReplyDelete