20 January 2011

Thoughts while trapped in snow traffic

While I was parked on Maryland Avenue waiting not so patiently to get off campus, after I finished a book and after my phone was about to die, I was left with only my thoughts to entertain me so I grabbed the Moleskine to write them down.
  • Dear Lord in heaven, WTF is happening up there? Its a 4-way stop for the love of all that is holy and sacred
  • Dude, thank goodness I decided I should start carrying a book with me for times when I might have to wait.
  • After realizing I only had 1 chapter left in the book I had: Why didn't I grab a back up book?!
  • Man, having a smart phone is nice in a situation like this
  • DAMN! I wish I had grabbed my USB cord to charge this stupid phone
  • I wish I had a ruler, I would get out and measure the snow. I'm sure that would look weird to people but what do I care. I want to know how deep that is out there
  • I never notice how many hills there are until they're covered in snow and backed up traffic and pose potential threats to my forward progress
  • Huh, at least that 180 just happened in the empty parking lot
  • I wish I had a snack
  • OMG! I have grapes in my bag
  • There is no way in hell I'm driving anymore once the hubs gets in the car
  • If I were in college, I'd totally be making plans to go out the the bars tonight.
  • I was stupid in college

And then sweet relief, my driving duties were over.

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up. I heart you, Niki! Have you seen that e-trade commercial with the baby in his crib, with a smartphone? If not, you need to look it up! - The one where he sings at the end, "Nobody knows the [trouble I've seen]..."

    So I take it you didn't get a snow day today like we did? (Sorry, didn't meant to rub that in your face...) BUT IT HAS BEEN AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you wouldn't last long at the Abbey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: the last two bullet points, I went out last night. I almost ran over three girls who decided to cross Broadway while I had the green light. Lucky for them, I was breaking to turn at that corner. If I were more of a jerk, I would have honked at them when they were right in front of me, waving at me mouthing "Thank you for waiting!" (I assume because I was listening to Modest Mouse). Double lucky for them was that I was listening to Float On, a song which always makes me feel better.
    The point? If you never walked out in front of oncoming traffic whilst drunk, I promise you were leaps and bounds more intelligent than the current students at Mizzou.

    ReplyDelete