07 January 2010

Life in the Sandbox

Last weekend I went to church notable but not the interesting part of my story. During my time there, I connected with something that was said and it was one of those times when I knew I'd remember those words for the rest of my life. It went something like this:

Think of life as a sandbox. In the sandbox, you have a merry-go-round, a teeter-totter, monkey bars and so on. In the sandbox, you can choose what you want to play on, for how long and in what order. The choice is truly all yours within the boundaries of the sandbox. This is how we can begin to grasp an understand of God's "will."

I'm no philosopher and I'm not going to analyze the Truth, truth or truths of that analogy. I get it and I'd like to think of life as a sandbox. Who doesn't like a sandbox? (FYI - My sandbox looks a lot like Mission Bay in San Diego, CA.) First order of business for this year is to build myself a sandcastle.

1 comment: