16 January 2010

El Duderino

I was in my third year of university at Mizzou when the Coen brothers released The Big Lebowski.  Clearly, Raising Arizona was brilliant, The Hudsucker Proxy was notable but after 10 minutes of Fargo I took the movie out of the DVD player and vowed to never watch it again. I don't know why I cannot sleep past 6:30am most days but today at least, I'm relieved that I have the option to watch The Big Lebowski instead of Fargo.

A little sample for you...

The Stranger: [voiceover] Way out west there was this fella I wanna tell ya about. Goes by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. See, this Lebowski, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - there's a name no man would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment