11 January 2010

Books I want to read

I recently attended a talk given by couple of interesting characters called Dale and Jonalyn Fincher. The are founders of Soulation and authors of Living with Questions and Ruby Slippers respectively.  I don't know much about them other than what they shared in the group talk but it was enough to make me want to learn more.  One thing I found absolutely gripping was their exploration of gender.

I don't have much to say about my gender, I don't think of it much. But as I consider gender more, I have to admit that I don't think about it because I pretty much operate on the typical assumptions and generalizations of what it means to be a masculine or feminine.  I admit that is totally lame and so I want to read Rudy Slippers not to find answers but to consider some new questions to ask.

Perhaps after I've finished reading The Next Front I'll go for a little literary whiplash and give the Fincher publications a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment