24 July 2010

"This house is clean."

The creepiest thing I've ever done is willingly compared my hew house to a scene from Poltergeist. The thing is I can't help myself because as of this week my house has been blessed.  My Father-in-Law happens to be a man of the cloth, so when you've got that guy around for a week, might as well get some good mojo going. 

As he said this week, there was nothing mystical about the blessing but as with any building in any place, it has a past.  People and events occurred of which we are not aware. In the blessing of the house, we hope for a fresh start.  Creating space where our friends and family can gather and have fun and share love and create lots of good times and great memories. 

I like that idea.  The ability to take something old and make it new.

1 comment: