07 July 2010

Home

In July 2006 I moved into my first home as a married person.

It was in an aged but well managed apartment complex with a office manager that you just wanted to hug. The rent was budget friendly and the location was perfect for the commute to work. With a large window in the kitchen, I looked forward to cooking with the window open and sending delicious smells out into the courtyard.  I picked the large living based on solely on the idea of hosting parties and game nights and friends as much as possible.




The apartment evolved, mostly as we acquired additional furniture from IKEA. Space allocation was an ongoing experiment and surprisingly 650 square feet was a lot to work with. Hosting dinners, cocktail parties, game nights and the like always worked out well.




The latest version of the bedroom was inspired by yet another IKEA trip. I needed a change, I didn't really have an idea in mind but bright green seemed liked a good idea at the time. My first wall words but not my last.  In this apartment I learned that labeling things with stick on words can become an addiction.


June 2010, I purchased my first house as a married person.  And being a homeowner has already been an adventure in work and reward but before moving forward, it seems the apartment deserves recognition. 


Good times were had. Thank you M2.

No comments:

Post a Comment