13 May 2010

Moving out



While I was waiting for a meeting to start, I watched students and parents haul a year's worth of college dorm tackle out the door.  I still have vivid memories of my first year of college. I wish I could say, well it was just a few years ago but that would be lying and liars go to hell which sounds unpleasant.

It was so exciting, I just could not believe that the time had finally come for me to get the heck out of my mom’s house, my home town and my old life.  I was so excited I cried. Ok, that’s a lie too. I was so stinking terrified, I cried when I couldn’t think of any more errands to run or sites to see and my family finally drove away.

I don’t remember what happened after they left but it must have gotten better almost immediately because I remember that in total, freshman year rocked. Rocked so much I still smile when I think about parts of it. I want my future kids to have a freshman year that is so awesome they never want to leave college. I made life-long friends that year. Literally people that could read this and tell you exactly what year these freshman events occurred because they were there with me. But they are all smart people and that information would not come cheap I’m sure.
Life is good these days, I’d never want to go back and do it again and if I am ever in your presence and say that out loud, feel free to kick me. But it was definitely fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment