19 February 2011

Ode to Saturdays

I don't know how to write an ode (please don't tel Mrs. Nolan my AP English teacher) but I really like Saturdays, particularly Saturday mornings and just seemed like it was time to do something to let Saturday know that.


My body's natural alarm clock is set for 6:30am. Its been that way for as long as I can remember. I'm a morning person. I can go to bed at midnight and wake up one my own at 6:30am. I've gone to bed at 3:00am and woke up on my own a t 6:30am. Even though it's annoying at times that I can't have a lie in, over the years, I've really appreciated my Saturday mornings. As I fell asleep last night I was thinking about some of favorite things about Saturday.


Breakfast, first and foremost is one of the events I look forward to the most. During the week breakfast is determined by whats easy and portable and I head off to work. On Saturdays, the chances of me getting bacon increase greatly. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal. I learned how to make pancakes from scratch in grade school and that was the first recipe I ever learned by heart.


Quiet time. The advantage to being up when no one else is a pretty consistent time to be alone with my thoughts. Being the strategic, maximizer, arranger type that I am, I like to have a plan, and a back up plan for that plan and a workable alternative to both of those plans. Saturday mornings give me time to configure. Or stare into space. The choice is mine.


Today I've already enjoyed several hours of quiet time and once the hubs is up there is an Ernie's #3 breakfast in my future.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Saturday! Me too. 'Cept instead of bacon or Ernie's #3 I enjoyed my 32-ounce shake containing 26 superfoods from raw organic seeds, sprouts and greens. Yum!

    http://www.gardenoflifeusa.com/ProductsforLife/SUPPLEMENTS/FoundationalNutrition/RAWMeal/tabid/1893/Default.aspx

    ReplyDelete