10 August 2010

I feel proud because I created this moment

Unless it was a high holy day, my family did not sit at the dining room table to share meals.  Growing up in a single parent household, dinner often was a free for all, popcorn and toasted cheese (that's right toasted, not grilled) being staple staples. My mom also preferred to use paper products daily instead of dirtying any dishes if possible. Great in the long run as my brother and I were "the dishwashers" but still not the traditional family meal time experience.

That is why I still have a sense of wonderment when the hubs and I sit down to a meal together. To put forth the effort for just the two of us feels extra special.  The food wasn't fancy, quiche and a salad (and even paper napkins) but the moment was worth capturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment