24 April 2010

Good for nothing friends

I tend to be the type of girl that says "Yes" too often.  This leads to me often being over-committed and well, late to almost everything, all the time.  Its how I roll those that love me accept it and move on those that want more a prompt arrival/departure lie to me about what time I should arrive somewhere, adjusting appropriately for the 30 minute bubble of my definition of "on time".

That being said, there are actually times when I like to do nothing, at all.  Not that tricky dance where nothing=a little something, just nothing. Sit, not talk or only talk as the spirit moves, stare at tv/space/wall whatever is near.  In the midst of the chaos in which I tend to exist, I've somehow managed to acquire girlfriends who will just let me sit.  It happens organically, I have this unplanned expanse of time and end up at their house and often while their family's life is happening around me. I guess that just kind of happens when the majority of your friends have been with you since the 90's. A combination of already knowing your story and no assuming that you're going anywhere anytime soon (even though you might talk about up an moving every 5 years or so) makes it all work out.  Whatever the factors, I dig that I have a bunch of good for nothing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment